The Essence of Journalism Blog Post – DUE SEPT. 12 6:30PM
After doing some research and reporting, you are to post a 350-400 blog post on the essence of journalism. This should NOT BE YOUR OPINION on the essence of journalism, but an essay based on significant reporting and a variety of sources.
The essay must include the following:
1) Interview Quotes-
- from at least two relevant professors.
- from at least three relevant students.
- from at least one civilian.
When interviewing you always need to get the following information:
- STUDENT – name (How do you spell it?), age, year, major/email and phone
- Biology senior John Smith, 21, agreed journalism is essential to a thriving democracy.
- FACULTY – name (How do you spell it?), age, title/ email and phone
- Economics professor Howard Dean, 57, agreed journalism is essential to a thriving democracy.
- CIVILIAN – name (How do you spell it,) age, occupation/ email and phone
- Starbucks Barista, Shelley Long, 33, agreed journalism is essential to a thriving democracy.
2) Three internet sources ending in .org, .edu, or .gov. Wikipedia is not permitted. Please hyperlink these sources when necessary.
3)Reference to your text book, “The Elements of Journalism.”
4) An original relevant photo with proper cutline information – Proper identification of people and location, present tense. See page 112 in “Writing for the Mass Media” for more info.
5) Separate source information turned into me
Sources: name, identification info email and phone number.
Web Sources: links listed